July 11, 2012
We took a peek into the Upper East Side closet of Nancy McCormick Vella, founder of Florence Fancy and mother of two
As the founder of appointment-only children's boutique, Florence Fancy, in New York City, it’s no surprise that Nancy McCormick Vella loves wearing the bright, brilliant colors she features in her store. The mother of two youngsters describes her style as classic chic; she loves her Chanel collection and relies on her glamorous, gold Superga sneakers for running after her kids, and around town.
It was this very love for fashion that prompted Vella to open Florence Fancy. “Personally, I never felt there was anything available in the NYC clothing market that conveyed my child’s personality,” she says. “Having always expressed myself through fashion, I felt that this was a personal quest! Once I was able to begin taking holidays with my children, I'd search for beautiful pieces of clothing for the store. It was very exciting!”
Nancy McCormick Vella’s Closet Essentials:
• Date Night Dress: Givenchy
• “My great grandmother’s emerald earrings—they’re very sentimental.”
• Her signature mom look: Skinny jeans, Chanel flats, great t-shirt with a fitted blazer, Chanel messenger bag, and Hermès bangles.
• Grey Chanel riding boots
• Night out bag: sterling silver Bottega Venetta
• Blue Celine blazer
• Balenciaga dress
• YSL print dress
• Black and white Chanel blazer
• Givenchy heels
Photos by: Nicola Tranquillino